Today’s Shanghai stock exchange began operations in December 1990. In just over 30 years the country’s equity market has become the second largest in the world. This rapid capital growth has created a unique and unprecedented investment opportunity for those who are dedicated to understanding the participants, factors and market-structure that make China unlike any other capital market in the world.
Mingshi has been dedicated to building proprietary models specific for China for over a decade. Mingshi runs strategies in Equities, Derivatives and Commodities. Our dedication to unlocking the potential of China has earned the firm a reputation of being one of the most trusted investment advisors in the industry.
- Mingshi uses its proprietary signal research to construct market-neutral strategies designed to perform in all market conditions.
- These strategies target zero-net and low correlation with China and global equity beta.
- We use a combination of globally recognised financial academic research and the latest in artificial intelligence to construct liquid and diversified portfolios, optimized for absolute returns in the China A-share market.
- China is the second largest equity market in the world by USD turnover.
- The 2018 China A-share inclusion into the MSCI group of indices and its large liquidity represent a growing opportunity for global managers interested in Asia-beta.
- Mingshi runs index-benchmarked long-only strategies built on our quantitative research and risk management framework.
- China’s derivative market is still in its infancy.
- Mingshi continues to pioneer China’s multi-strategy universe by building quantitative strategies across multiple asset classes.
- CTA strategies have been active in China’s equity market since the launch of the CSI300 index future in April 2010 on the CFFEX.
- Mingshi’s CTA strategies have been running since 2019 and represent a growing area of quantitative investment opportunity in China.